Certified Park and Recreation Professional
The Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification is the national standard for all parks and recreation professionals who want to be at the forefront of their profession. Attaining the CPRP designation shows that you have met education and experience qualifications, and illustrates your commitment to the profession as well as your knowledge and understanding of key concepts within parks and recreation. This is a 2 year certification for professional certification for individuals employed in recreation, park resources and leisure services. It must renewed every 2 years with 2.0 Continuing Education Units. By becoming a CPRP you will:
- Join an elite group of more than 6,400 CPRPs who have committed to advancing our field.
- Increase the confidence outside groups and the community have in you and your organization.
- Show your employer that you’re a valuable member of the team and that you’re willing to learn new things.
- Gain an edge over other candidates when that promotion opportunity pops up or your dream job calls.
Special CPRP Study Course
The KRPA Study Course package includes the application fee, exam fee, four (4) in person study sessions (12 hours total), and a study guide (optional).
In Person Study Sessions (required)
Instructors- Jennifer Anderson & Rob Knaussman
Locations: Wichita (Kick off Session at KRPA Conference)
Virtual & Shawnee Mission Park (Sunflower Room)
Dates: Monday, January 29th- 2:00 pm-5:00 pm, Wichita
Tuesday, February 6th- 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Tuesday, February 13th - 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Tuesday, February 20th- 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Optional Study Session: Tuesday, February 27th- 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Study Session Outcomes:
- Participants will identify the components of the CPRP exam
- Participants will take the practice exam and identify areas they need to review before taking the CPRP examination
- Participants will identify different study techniques
- Participants will identify the value of the CPRP exam
Certified Park and Recreation Executive
The Certified Park and Recreation Executive (CPRE) establishes a national standard for managerial, administrative and executive parks and recreation professionals. This mastery-level credential focuses on the practical knowledge and current real-world skills necessary in today’s changing park and recreation environment. This is a 3 year certification is for executive-level professional certification for individuals employed in recreation, park resources and leisure services. It must be renewed every 3 year with 3.0 Continuing Education Units.